About Copyright Law
Copyright infringement is not a trivial matter. Anyone found in violation of the copyright laws may be charged up to $10,000 per violation. Violators could be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. This would not be a good day for you, so please obey copyright laws!
For more information on copyrights, please see:
About.com (excellent article)
For teachers and students: Copyright Mystery
United States Copyright Office
Crochet Partners web site on Copyright
The Copyright FAQ for Knitters
United States Patent and Trademark Office
Crochet Kim (list of published designers)
The Girl from Auntie
Vogue Knitting. A Matter of Principle
Crochet Cabana Site Notice
All material on this site is copyrighted by Sandra Petit of Crochet Cabana. Whether or not a Web site includes a statement about copyright, the U.S. copyright act provides protection for such works, and they may not be used or reproduced without permission. No materials, including Web site design, logo, photographs, graphics, text, charts, video or any other proprietary materials are to be copied in any manner nor posted elsewhere without permission.
Personal, private & local sales of finished items made with patterns by Sandra Petit are allowed. Please contact email@example.com for questions regarding any other sales of items made from patterns. No Internet or commercial sales are allowed. Design credit is appreciated. Buyer may print pattern for personal use, but may not reproduce, transmit, or distribute any part of any pattern in any form for free or for sale without express permission.
I have pdf files available for sale for teacher use. This does NOT give you permission to sell the tutorials. You may make as many copies as you need for your class, even multiple classes, once you have purchased them. It doesn’t matter if you are charging for the class or not, as long as you don’t sell the actual tutorial. You do not need to ask again for a second class. Permission is granted if you have paid the original fee. However, the URL and copyright notice is ALWAYS to be kept with anything that is used and it should be made clear to the students that copies are not to be made for friends and neighbors.
The Quick Scoop
1) Do not ever sell photos, patterns, tutorials or anything else from this site.
2) Do not post in full to any web site, in any format, personal or business - this includes pdf files. Links are welcome.
3) Material is for personal or charity use only. For any other use, contact me.
4) If you want to make single sale items for charity that is okay. Do not include the pattern, but give design credit.
5) If you want to make items to sell for profit, personal, private or local sales are okay. Other sales, contact me. Never include the pattern with a sale. Always tag.
6) If you want to make multiple copies of a pattern or tutorial for charity purposes, contact me.
7) If you are a paid teacher and want to use tutorials in your class, contact me for payment info on pdf files created for this purpose.
THANK YOU for showing respect for the time and effort I have spent putting this site together for you. I hope you find it useful.
Lastly, I am responsible only for making corrections to patterns if such are found. I am not responsible for replacing an item you made with my pattern that didn’t come out as you wanted it to or any other problem you have with my patterns. If there is a problem, simply let me know and I will work with you to resolve the situation. I make no claim to perfection though I do honestly try to create patterns that are easy to understand and contain no errors.
Back to top